Travel The Road

This is my online journal of my travels from my Alaska home to my East Coast home to be near my family. I am not leaving for another 2 months, so you'll see the blog will be slow moving, with only a few updates on my progress...getting ready for my drive back east.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

MY NEW TRAVELLING BUDDY



After an extremely sad two weeks of mourning my old truck....I'm happy to say I have a new travelling buddy. My new XTERRA. It has a ton of room for packing up the things I need to bring with me and 4 wheel drive for those New England roads this winter!!! I haven't chosen my first assignment yet. I probably won't for another month or so....unless something exTREMEly awesome comes up.

I look forward to my drive back east and can't wait to see my family at Christmas!!! An assignment in Milwaukee came up for a great amount of money, but it is just a smidge too far to drive to Massachusetts for Chritmas dinner!!! Maybe next time.

Well, it has been raining here in Alaska basically all summer and my best pal, Jackie, wasn't too impressed with this great place. As far as the summer went, I can't blame her...it rained ALOT. It has rained non-stop for more than 5 days now. I looked at the weather forecast and the sun will pop out in between showers tomorrow, but for the next 4 days aftet that....RAIN. I went and washed my truck anyway so I could get the road spit off of it!!!

You can find more pics of it on my other blog at http://myxterra.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home