Travel The Road

This is my online journal of my travels from my Alaska home to my East Coast home to be near my family. I am not leaving for another 2 months, so you'll see the blog will be slow moving, with only a few updates on my progress...getting ready for my drive back east.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

LEAVING ALASKA




AFTER 4 YEARS OF ALASKAN BLISS, I'M HEADING BACK EAST TO FAMILY BLISS.

I'm excited about the travel opportunity that I have being in the carrer field I am in. I'm a surgical assistant. Surgical Technologist, to be exact. It's an incredible job in and of itself, but as a traveller, it's even sweeter. You join an agency that places you where you'd like to go (where there's a need for extra nurses and scrubs (me)) and then they pay your rent, reimburse your travel expenses and usually pay QUITE well. Of course there are variations on the rent thing from company to company, ie some places prefer you take a roomate, some places don't. Obviously you pick an agency that has exactly what you're looking for. That's the point I am at in my journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home